I have recently been nominated for the Liebster award. What is that? Well I said the same thing. It seems like a really neat way of sparking creativity and highlighting under appreciated blogs just waiting to burst into the consciousness of the masses. The idea is to get to know the blogger a little better and then get to know other bloggers a little better as well.
What is it?
The Liebster Award is designed to bring recognition to smaller blogs–that is, blogs with 200 or fewer followers.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog. Thank you Normal is the New Weird for bestowing this honor upon me.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions asked of you, and create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate.
3. Nominate 11 blogs you think deserve to be noticed, and leave comments for them letting them know they’ve been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag-backs.
Starting with 11 things about me.
1. Oddly enough I don’t like to talk about myself. I love to blog and talk about the things that I am doing or current events ect, but I don’t like to talk about little ole me.
2. I have had the same dog for 16 years. Her name is Baby (yes, I was in love with Dirty Dancing as a child). She is a toy rat terrier and a sweet little dog.
3. The only clothes that I will buy new are underwear and the occasional jeans or shoes. Otherwise I buy all clothes second hand or I make them.
4. I have hated Koolaid and other “juice” flavored drinks since I was a child.
5. I am currently 23 years old and I have visited 23 different states. My goal is one new one a year from now on.
6. I love the rain but despise being cold.
7. It is my secret dream to open a coffee/crafting shop that sells a different featured book each month or CD or movie etc.
8. I have a brother and a sister. We all have the same blue eyes and similar faces but totally different hair.
9. I’m not ashamed to take things people have left on the side of the road that they don’t want anymore and make them into something awesome!
10. I was homeschooled from 2nd grade all the way through high school graduation. I loved it!
11. I have asthma, polycystic ovaries and a latex allergy,
A Little bit more about me by request:
What has been the best/most surprising thing you’ve learned from blogging?
I am most surprised by fun I have blogging and the followers I have gained. I thought it would be kind of fun, but I never expected a following.
If you could go back and make one moment of your life last just a little bit longer, what would it be?
I was on Flaggler beach in Florida a few years ago with someone I have since lost. If I could go back it would be on that beach.
What are your favorite and least favorite foods?
This is actually a hard one. I love food. I love nearly every type and shape of food. I think right now my favorites are seafood and BBQ stuffed baked potatoes. My least favorite foods are odd flavored yogurts.
If you could move your entire life somewhere else for a year and then come right back to where you were and pick up where you left off, where would you move to?
I would move to the west coast and live in a beach house making money from odd jobs for a year.
What would you tell today’s kids/teenagers if you could get them all together (and be assured they will listen to you) for 30 minutes?
Don’t conform. Don’t be a social norm. Be yourself. We have enough people in this world who walk through it like sheep blindly following.
Would you rather be surprised by death or have time to prepare?
When I was ten years old I was not supposed to live to be eleven. Ever since then I have not been afraid of death and I try to be always prepared so I don’t think it would bother me to not know exactly what day and time. It could be a surprise. I’ve tried to live my life in such a way that if it ends tomorrow I will feel like I accomplished what I wanted to.
What quality do you admire in someone you know that you wish you had yourself?
I wish I was able to get past my natural reserve and just tell people when they are invading or stepping on my personal boundaries. Like hey, don’t scream at me because you are having a bad day. I have a hard time with that. My husband on the other hand does not. I admire him for that.
What is the best time of day?
Mornings are the very best times for me. I love getting up, making a pot of coffee and enjoying the quiet.
Is Facebook wonderful or too dangerous to be worth it?
Anything can be dangerous, but Facebook is a great tool. I think if you are an adult then it shouldn’t be something you are afraid of. Most of the information about us is already on the internet anyway.
When is it ok to keep a secret?
Only when it is someone else’s.
How do you overcome writer’s block with your blog?
I actually blogged about this not long ago. I get up early, make a pot of coffee, go outside for a few minutes and soak up life. If that doesn’t work a shower or checking out other blogs or pinterest can sometimes help.
Here is my list of questions for those that I am nominating:
1.Why did you start your blog/when did you start blogging?
2. Do you watch or read or follow current events or prefer to not know?
3. What is in your fridge right now?
4. What if a perfect moment in time like for you?
5. What is your favorite/least favorite book.
6. If you have a favorite place to write where is it?
7. Beach house or Mountain cottage?
8. What is your favorite topic to write about or what “tag” do you use the most?
9. Who is your favorite author?
10. Star Wars or Star Trek or neither?
11. If you could get on a plane to any place outside the US right now and take a vacation where would you want to go?